Our Windermere cycle hire centre is conveniently located right on the platform of Windermere railway station, minutes from the village centre. Bowness-On-Windermere village is only 1 mile away, Ambleside 4 miles north and Kendal 8 miles south.
Our postcode for satellite navigation systems is: LA23 1AH
Or click here for Google Directions.
- Windermere is accessible from junction 36 off the M6 and is approximately 30 minutes drive from the motorway.
- Leave the M6 at junction 36 and join the A590 towards Kendal.
- This road then becomes the A591 as you approach Kendal. Continue on the A591 and follow signs for Windermere.
- On reaching Windermere turn left, then immediately left again and follow signs to the railway station.
- We are located on the railway station platform. Pay and display car parking is available.
To reach Windermere railway station you may need to change trains at Oxenholme, the Lake District. Trains run regularly from London-Euston and all major cities and towns. For up-to-date information on train schedules, journey times and fares on trains into Windermere visit Northern Rail.
By Bus or Coach
Windermere’s main bus stop and National Express coach pick up/drop off point is at the railway station, within metres of Country Lanes Cycle Centre. For up-to-date information on bus schedules, journey times and fares contact the Windermere Tourist Information Centre on 015394 46499.